Sunday, May 22, 2011

DIY- splatter paint onesie

Oh yes! I had so much fun doing that DIY project that I thought I'll share it with you. I recently spotted on THE JUNIOR, my favorite baby blog, this very cute onesie. I love doing arts & crafts and thought, why not trying to make one by myself for Billie.


What you need:

- White Onesie (or go crazy with the color you want)
- Paintbrush
- Acrylic paint ( I chose pink neon)



How to do it:

1. Mix your acrylic paint with a little bit of water. It will be easier to spread the paint with the brush if you do so.



2. Go outside (believe me, it goes everywhere) and put your onesie on a plastic bag or old piece of carton.

3. Splatter your paint on the onesie with the brush. Go gently...

4. Repeat on the other side of the onesie.

5. Let it dry 24 hours

6. Wash with cold water in the washing machine.

7. Dry and iron with a piece of fabric placed over your onesie.

8. It's now ready to wear!




The result isnt exactly like the one I saw in the photos but it has it's own flavor and I like it. I guess if you try with different sizes of paint brushes, the splatter size will also change. Let me know if you do it and please, share with me the final result! 

No comments:

Post a Comment